I’m going to go back over my Pimsleur Brasilian Portuguese lessons 1,2, and 3 again for a refresh. This will take about 90 days. I’ll mark each lesson I finish here, so as to motivate and keep me on track. Also as I learn new phrases or the proper way to say things from other people, such as Brasilian friends, I’m gonna write them down in my blog so that I may remember!
- How are you feeling today? = Como você está se sentindo hoje?
- That’s great! = Isto é ótimo!
- I am feeling great! = Estou me sentindo ótimo! (ótima! if you are a woman)
- Thank you so much for sharing this(that) with me = Muito Obrigado por compartilhar isso comigo
- Who’s going to stop me from singing? = Quem me faz parar de cantar?
- As I said I would do = Como disse que faria
Brazilian Portuguese Slang:
- “não dá pra rolar” – It’s not going to happen (i.e., as in a relationship) Ex. “Aaai… que tenso dizer não a alguém que agente gosta, mas tipo.. não dá pra rolar! =/”